2/3/20 Meeting minutes
Attendees: Al Klingeisen, Emily Endter, Margaret, Michelle, Aaron Pauwels, Harvey and Eileen Mleziva, Mike Valleskey, Cathy and Dan Hinkle, Jean Duzeski, Leigh Duescher, Brian Stanelle,Jim Hill.
We lost Barb Panosh unexpectedly Jan 25. Al attended her wake and brought a card and money.
Dodge Preserve acreage changed hands. Most likely no activities there anymore but unsure.
Financial report through December 2019: Checking ending balance=$7,413.57. Vickie Mayer savings account ending balance=$5,924.02, and Thrivent savings account=$4,272,67. We will be matching Lakeshore Dental $200 sponsorship for Herp Club support. We also will be giving a “donation” of $75 to MPL for useage of both Balkansky Rooms for this huge event.
- Brat fry dates: Saturday April 25th and Friday July 3 9-3 pm ish at Rob’s Market. Please see attached sign up sheet. Call Al with what you would like to help out with, sign up, etc. Thank you to all who signed up already!
- Herp Club event Sunday March 1 Manitowoc Public Library, sponsored by Lakeshore Dental
- Monday April 13th next meeting (moved back due to voting)
- Tree orders…. sheboygancountytrees.com order deadline is Feb 26…. Orders to Al Klingeisen BY FEB 15. Tree pick-up dates 4/23-4/25. Al to contact those who bought trees for pick-up. I already have orders from Jim H, Brain S, Hinkle’s, Mike V, Harvey M. FOBR Members can get up to ten free trees/member.
May 2nd Branch River bridge crossing clean-up day with a rain-date of May 9; details asap
- Al to secure Whitelaw Sports Club for a summer picnic and Jason Allard to talk about bees! Dates: either June 15,16,17. Hoping to do June 15. Mark your calendars once I get the date.
Maritime museum summer watershed camp was cancelled due to lack of participation. Please sign up this year….amazing opportunity for kids/family to do some great learning activities. I will keep everyone updated on when dates are released for next year. We will sponsor your kids/grandkids at this, Woodland Dunes camps, or any others within reason… just let us know and we will reimburse the cost after you register. Adult conservation camps/classes eligible too!
Signs up in Memory of Doris and Lester Cherney. Signs put up for Paul Suchan and Ryan Schenian asap.
Woodland Dunes is working on a huge expansion project; maybe FOBR could donate towards their project. We will watch for more details as they come.
Thanks! Emily Endter, Secretary (920)323-3486 and Al Klingeisen, President (920)901-5166
FOBR address: P.O. Box 301 Whitelaw, WI 54247 also find us on Facebook